Registered user since Fri 9 May 2014
Name: Tony Hosking
Bio: I am a professor of computer science, with academic appointments at Purdue University (on leave from August 2015) and the Australian National University, contributing also as a researcher with Data61 (formerly NICTA), Australia. I studied computer science at the University of Adelaide, the University of Waikato, and the University of Massachusetts at Ahmerst, receiving BSc, MSc, and PhD degrees, respectively. My research interests lie in the area of programming language implementation, and I work on problems arising in object persistence, object databases, distribution, memory management (garbage collection), managed language runtimes, language virtual machines, optimizing compilers, and architectural support for programming languages and applications.
I am a Life Member of the Association for Computing Machinery and a Member of the IEEE. I was named a Distinguished Scientist of the ACM in 2012.
Affiliation: Australian National University, Data61, and Purdue University
Personal website: https://hosking.github.io
PLDI 2016 Activities
- Committee Member in Program Committee for PLDI 2016
- Committee Member in Steering Committee for ISMM 2016
- Session Chair of Parallelism I (part of PLDI 2016 Research Papers)
- Author of Rust as a Language for High Performance GC Implementation within the ISMM-track in ISMM 2016
- Show activities from other conferences
View general profile